The Institute was set up in 1981, and a centre for folklore studies is affiliated to it.
Objectives Of the Institute:
Graduating researchers and scholars in the field of folklore with a view of preserving the country's heritage.
Departments of the Institute:
The institute has the following academic disciplines:
- Folklore Theory.
- Field Research, i.e.: Video, Cinema, Photography, etc…
- Folklore Literature.
- Folklore Traditions & Customs.
- Material Culture (craftsmanship), Architecture, Customs.
- Folklore Beliefs.
- Folklore Plastic Arts.
- Folklore Music & Songs.
- Folklore Games.
- Folklore Dance.
Note: The institute is supposed to have academic departments in the near future.
- Diploma in the Folklore.
- Master's in the Folklore.
- PH.D. in the Folklore.
Methods of study :
- Post Graduate study (According to the Admission regulating rules).
- Parallel education (According to the Credit hours).