The Institute was set up in 1958. It is one of the institutes that were affiliated to the Academy of Arts in 1969.
Objectives of the Institute
- Graduating a number of young men& women who can practice this sublime art.
- Formation of an Egyptian Ballet Company.
- Formation of artistic cards which can produce Egyptian artistic works in the field of Ballet.
- Formation of artistic companies in the following spheres:
- Classical Ballet.
- Academic Folklore.
- Academic Modern Dance.
Departments of the Institute:
- Department of Choreography:
It comprises both:
- Department of Methods of teaching Ballet:
- Classic Ballet.
- International Folklore.
- Historical Dance.
- Modern Dance.
The Institutes awards the following degrees:
- B.A in in the aforementioned specialization.
- Post graduate studies diploma in the aforementioned specialization.
- M.A degree in Arab musical arts
- Ph.D. in arts or in philosophy of arts in the previously mentioned majors.
Methods of study :
- Under Graduate (Primary / Preparatory and Secondary).
- Post Graduate study (According to the Admission regulating rules).
- Free Studies (According to the Private regulating rules).
- Parallel education (According to the Credit hours)